October 15, 2012

Easy Breezy Waffles

     Sometimes when we have our cased pork sausage for dinner, we will have waffles with it. They are extremely easy to make and very delicious. To make them:
------------------------------
Easy Breezy Waffles
          1 3/4 c. flour
          3 tsp baking powder
          1/2 tsp salt
          2 beaten egg yolks
          1 c. milk
          1/2 c. cream*
          2 egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form

     Sift dry ingredients together.
     Combine egg yolks, milk, and cream; stir into dry ingredients.
     Fold in egg whites leaving a few fluffs - do not over mix.
     Bake in preheated waffle iron.
     Makes about 5 waffles depending on how big you make them.

     *I usually use Heavy Whipping Cream, but Half and Half works too.
------------------------------
     I think it is nearly impossible to mess these up (unless you forget to plug in the waffle iron or forget the waffle in the waffle iron). I like to put butter, applesauce (homemade of course), and cream on mine. They are also good with the traditional butter and maple syrup.
Dry Ingredients

Egg Yolks, Milk, and Cream

Beaten Egg Whites

Wet ingredients have been added and egg whites have been folded in. As stated in the recipe, make sure to leave some fluffs. This makes your waffles nice and fluffy.

Waffle!!! Yum!
     As you can see, I did not take a picture of my waffle on my plate with the applesauce and cream... I kind of forgot until after I had eaten most of it. Oops.

"We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"
- Donkey from "Shrek"

No comments:

Post a Comment