October 17, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

     Mom had promised all summer long that she would make a batch of Blueberry Lemon Muffins. She never did, so I decided that I would make them. This is my first time making them so I am hoping that they are going to turn out as good as her's. To make Blueberry Lemon Muffins:
------------------------------
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
     Makes 12 muffins.*
 
           2 eggs
           1/2 c melted butter
           1 c sugar
           1 c plain yogurt
           2 c flour
           1 tsp baking powder
           1/2 tsp baking soda
           1 tsp lemon zest**
           1 c blueberries***

     Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
     Beat together eggs, melted butter, and sugar.
     Stir in yogurt.
     Add dry ingredients just until blended.
     Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
     Spoon batter into muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
     Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick that has been inserted in the middle of a few of the muffins comes out clean.****

     *This is what the recipe I used says, but I found that there was more batter after filling the 12 muffin cavities in the muffin tin so I put the extra in a mini loaf pan and made a mini loaf of Blueberry Lemon Bread.
     **I am of the mindset that you can never have enough lemon, so I just added the zest of a whole lemon.
     ***A tip that I learned a while ago is that when using berries, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. in a recipe, toss them in flour before adding to the batter. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of whatever it is that you are making. I know it sounds like an old wives' tale, but it really does work.
     ****My muffins were done after 20 minutes and the mini loaf after 25.
------------------------------
     I would be eating one right now, but since they just came out of the oven, I have a feeling that I would not be able to enjoy it as much as I would like and would burn my mouth. They do smell delicious.
Melted butter, eggs, and sugar. Look how nice and yellow it is from farm fresh eggs.

Yogurt has already been stirred in. This is before the dry ingredients have been added.

With the lemon zest and blueberries.
This is how I floured my blueberries. I put a little bit of flour in the measuring cup and then added the blueberries and stirred with a spoon.

In the muffin tin pre baking.
In the muffin tin post baking.
      You have no idea how good these smell right now, but I am being good and restraining myself from eating one... for now.

Two muffins were sitting in an oven.
One muffin said to the other, "Ooh, gettin' a bit hot in here don't you think?"
The other backed away in surprise, "Oh My God!! A Talking Muffin!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment